This makes an amazing and quick dinner, and can be adapted to whatever ingredients you like.
- 2 portions fresh salmon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Teriyaki marinade
- 2 cups white sushi rice, cooked
- 2 soft-boiled eggs (6 minutes or less for runny eggs)
- 4 tbsp pork belly or pancetta, cooked crisp and diced
- Flash-steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, snap peas, etc.)
- Flash stir-fried bok choy (separated bok choy leaves, cooked quickly in 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 clove crushed garlic, ½ tsp red pepper flakes and 2 tsp water)
- Sriracha slaw (chiffonade of cabbage tossed with a touch of mayo, sriracha, soy sauce and some chopped cilantro)
- Soy sauce, sriracha, thinly-sliced jalapeno, sliced cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves for garnish
Prepare the salmon by placing skin-side down on parchment or grilling paper. Season with lemon juice and coat generously with teriyaki marinade. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, preheat your grill or smoker to 350*.
Don’t forget to cook the rice!
Place salmon, on paper, in grill and cook until internal temp reaches about 145* (or to your liking). It should take about 25 minutes.
While salmon cooks, prep veggies, slaw and soft boil eggs at the last minute.
Assemble meal in big bowls, customizing each bowl to individual preferences.
Leave a Reply