The social brand @ThisJewCanQue was created in March 2017 by Denver native Adam McKenzie. Inspired by the Instagram content that he found motivating and educating, the brand came about as a way to share an emerging love of all things outdoor grilling with an ever-expanding global community. Not a skilled cook at the outset, Adam’s new passion came about when he and his wife were gifted a Traeger wood fired grill as a wedding present. From there, his skill have grown and his focus has accelerated and today @ThisJewCanQue is a go-to source for weeknight grilling inspiration.
Since its humble beginnings with just a few hundred followers, ThisJewCanQue has grown into a thriving community of grilling enthusiasts and interested newcomers who turn to the channels for recipe ideas, grilling tips and lots of pictures of meat. Active on a every major social platform, ThisJewCanQue seeks to make weeknight grilling and smoking accessible and achievable for every backyard cook. Among the largest social media brands focused on BBQ, @ThisJewCanQue continues to try to bring innovative, delicious and simple Traeger grill recipes to the ever-growing community of enthusiasts.
ThisJewCanQue began with an Instagram account and has since grown to provide weeknight Traegering inspiration, easy recipes and simple-to-follow instruction on a number of channels:
- Instagram account with 217k followers
- YouTube channel with 134k followers
- Pinterest page full of grilling inspiration
- TikTok account featuring all the meats
- Facebook page building a community with 21k followers
- And a weekly email newsletter with tested and proven recipes
Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie created @ThisJewCanQue to share his love for and skill at grilling, smoking and BBQing. With an intentional sense of irony (Adam is Jewish), his love of pork, beef and all things outdoor cooking has evolved into a robust platform on which fellow BBQ aficionados have congregated.
Posting content created through his home cooking, Adam cooks on Traeger grills and is hard pressed to name a favorite Traeger grill model. He’s become known in his circle of influence for his Saturday morning meat slicing videos, which have garnered many million views.
Not one to shy away from challenges, Adam is always looking to expand his repertoire and try new things. He cooks from his suburban Denver home that he shares with his wife Isabel, their infant twins Beatrice and Bodie and their Goldendoodles Halley and Maggie.
Published Cookbook Author & ThisJewCanQue Spice Blends
- Published cookbook author of Weeknight Smoking on Your Traeger Grill, (Page Street Publishers, 2021). Available online and through retailers worldwide.
- Collaborator with Spiceology, providing four distinct, custom-created grilling seasoning blends. Available online and in specialty shops across the US and Canada.
- Food & Wine feature on Best Barbecue Spices and Rubs to buy online
- Traeger Grills profile on Adam
- CNN feature on best BBQ seasonings and sauces
- Tailgater Magazine Griller Guy feature article
- HeadCountry BBQ profile on Adam and recipe
- 7Cellars Featured Chef profile
- LumeCube blog by Adam discussing lighting for food photography
- Cookly Bookly page about ThisJewCanQue
- Judge at the Denver Burger Battle
Interviews & Articles
- The Smokesheet, June 11, 2021: Recipe feature
- Leite’s Culinaria, May 11, 2021: Recipe feature
- 5280 Magazine, April 24, 2021: Interview and recipes
- Denver Westword, April 19, 2021: Interview
- The Smokesheet, April 14, 2021: Mention
- Nibble Me This, March 17, 2021: Book roundup
- Tailgater Magazine, July 2021 issue: Recipe features
- Grill Girl Magazine, June issue: Advertisement
- Pit Life BBQ Podcast, May 18, 2021: Interview
- Smokesheet recipe feature, June 8, 2021: Recipe feature
- Smokesheet Podcast, June 9, 2021: Podcast Guest
- Leite’s Culinaria: Recipe feature
- BBQ Nation Podcast, July 23, 2021: Podcast Guest
- The Modern Eater Show, April 7, 2019: Show Guest
- The Modern Eater Show, April 8, 2020: Show Guest