Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie is an elementary school STEM teacher by day. By night, he fires up his grills to create culinary magic. Follow along for grilling inspiration.
Join the ‘Que Crew
Stay up to date with the latest recipes and news through the ‘Que Crew email list.
What We Do
Adam aka ThisJewCanQue
custom rub blends
school STEM teacher
followers and counting
Take your BBQ to the next level!
I’m proud to have a collaboration with Spiceology to bring home cooks and professionals alike some delicious grilling-focused rubs.
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Double Smoke
- Garlic Junky
- Order Yours Now!
Our Favorite Recipes
- Planning Ahead for the Holidays: Green Bean CasseroleHere in Colorado the weather has started changing, and we’ve gotten our first couple snow storms. It’s a welcome change from the heat of the summer, but it also makes me start thinking more about holiday meals that we canContinue reading “Planning Ahead for the Holidays: Green Bean Casserole”
- Planning Ahead for the Holidays: Dry Brined TurkeyOver the next few weeks, I plan to be sharing a bunch of holiday-focused content on my blog as well as on my social channels. While Thanksgiving and Christmas seem like a long time from now, the reality is thatContinue reading “Planning Ahead for the Holidays: Dry Brined Turkey”
- Pirated Pantry BBQ CassouletAs the weather begins to turn cold, it’s time to start thinking about warm, cozy food. But I think often people assume that cold(er) weather means the end of grilling season. Not at my house! We cook year-round on ourContinue reading “Pirated Pantry BBQ Cassoulet”
- Cabot Pimento Stuffed CheeseburgerA grilled burger stuffed with cheese is an ultimate luxury. If you can seal it in well and cook it perfectly, you’re bound to have a burger with an amazingly-melty center when you take a bite. I’ve had several differentContinue reading “Cabot Pimento Stuffed Cheeseburger”
- An Amazing Traegered Brunch in Under an HourSponsored by Ace Hardware As summer comes to a close, the weather has started cooling off here in Colorado and it’s finally feeling nice enough to spend some time outdoors dining again. We’ve gotten through those few weeks of 90°Continue reading “An Amazing Traegered Brunch in Under an Hour”
- Maintaining Your Grill and Keeping It Clean (and then cooking an amazing pork shoulder)Sponsored by Ace Hardware I get asked often about how I keep my grills clean given how frequently I use them. We cook at least 5 nights a week on my Traegers– and often more than that. And some days,Continue reading “Maintaining Your Grill and Keeping It Clean (and then cooking an amazing pork shoulder)”
Mile High City- In Crust We Trust
🔭Teacher by day- Backyard chef by night