Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie is an elementary school STEM teacher by day. By night, he fires up his grills to create culinary magic. Follow along for grilling inspiration.
Join the ‘Que Crew
Stay up to date with the latest recipes and news through the ‘Que Crew email list.
What We Do
Adam aka ThisJewCanQue
custom rub blends
school STEM teacher
followers and counting
Take your BBQ to the next level!
I’m proud to have a collaboration with Spiceology to bring home cooks and professionals alike some delicious grilling-focused rubs.
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Double Smoke
- Garlic Junky
- Order Yours Now!
Our Favorite Recipes
- Truffle Oil Marinated SteakThis simple and quick marinade will quickly become a favorite at your house with family and friends. Using a combination of simple and gourmet ingredients, you’re able to create an amazing flavor on your steak. This marinade could work onContinue reading “Truffle Oil Marinated Steak”
- Smoked Jalapeno Popper DipIn collaboration with Cabot Creamery Cooperative– Cabot is a co-operative owned by farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers. Jalapeño poppers are always a hit at my house. Sometimes, though,Continue reading “Smoked Jalapeno Popper Dip”
- Pinot Noir Marinated Tri TipDirections: In a dish with a lid, combine the shallots, olive oil, mustard, agave syrup, soy sauce, smashed garlic, herbs and juice of the orange. Stir well to combine. Then pour in the bottle of 7Cellars The Farm Collection PinotContinue reading “Pinot Noir Marinated Tri Tip”
- Spicy Herb Marinated SteakWith the hot days of summer here, it’s always a fun time to cook dishes that are light and refreshing. This simple steak marinade with a grilled pineapple salsa will hit the spot just right on those hot days. IfContinue reading “Spicy Herb Marinated Steak”
- Father’s DayFather’s Day is just about two weeks away, which means now is the time to grab your gifts for the dads in your life. My wife and I are having twins in August, so this is my “last” unofficial Father’sContinue reading “Father’s Day”
- Tri-Tip Smoked Like a BrisketIn partnership with Rocky Mountain Ace Hardware Stores Without question, one of our favorite Traeger cooks is a juicy tri-tip steak. There’s something about the results when cooking on a Traeger Grill that just cannot be beat. The roast cooksContinue reading “Tri-Tip Smoked Like a Brisket”
Mile High City- In Crust We Trust
🔭Teacher by day- Backyard chef by night