This Jew Can Que
Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie is an elementary school STEM teacher by day. By night, he fires up his grills to create culinary magic.
Join the ‘Que Crew
Stay up to date with the latest recipes and news through the ‘Que Crew email list.
What We Do
Adam aka ThisJewCanQue
custom rub blends
school STEM teacher
followers and counting
Take your BBQ to the next level!
I’m proud to have a collaboration with Spiceology to bring home cooks and professionals alike some delicious grilling-focused rubs.
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Double Smoke
- Garlic Junky
- Order Yours Now!
Our Favorite Recipes
- Maintaining Your Grill and Keeping It Clean (and then cooking an amazing pork shoulder)Sponsored by Ace Hardware I get asked often about how I keep my grills clean given how frequently I use them. We cook at least 5 nights a week on my Traegers– and often more than that. And some days,Continue reading “Maintaining Your Grill and Keeping It Clean (and then cooking an amazing pork shoulder)”
- Scallops in an Old Fashioned SauceSponsored by Buffalo Trace Distillery I love a good Old Fashioned. When it is done right, all the flavors work together and it just can’t be beat. Particularly with an Old Fashioned made with Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey, you getContinue reading “Scallops in an Old Fashioned Sauce”
- Bacon & Cheese PuffsSponsored by Cabot Creamery There’s no better combination than smoky bacon and salty, melty cheddar cheese. Whether that’s in an omelette, on a sandwich, or in a quiche, the melding of the two flavors is iconic, with the nutty aromaContinue reading “Bacon & Cheese Puffs”
- Pork Loin Roast: a versatile summer cookSponsored by the National Pork Board Don’t forget about pork this grilling season! There are so many delicious cuts and when you cook it just right, you cannot beat the flavor, texture and great value. At our house, we eatContinue reading “Pork Loin Roast: a versatile summer cook”
- Tuna MeltsThis recipe for tuna melts is something my mother-in-law has made throughout my wife’s childhood. There are some fond, funny memories associated with them—especially friends coming over in elementary school for lunch and to hold a lemonade stand on theirContinue reading “Tuna Melts”
- Ultimate BBQ CheeseburgerSometimes, there’s nothing as delicious and indulgent as an amazing cheeseburger. I take my burgers to the next level by making the ultimate BBQ Cheeseburger, topping cheesy patties with candied bacon, homemade onion rings, and griddled pulled pork. Top generouslyContinue reading “Ultimate BBQ Cheeseburger”
Mile High City- In Crust We Trust
🔭Teacher by day- Backyard chef by night