Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie is an elementary school STEM teacher by day. By night, he fires up his grills to create culinary magic. Follow along for grilling inspiration.
Join the ‘Que Crew
Stay up to date with the latest recipes and news through the ‘Que Crew email list.
What We Do
Adam aka ThisJewCanQue
custom rub blends
school STEM teacher
followers and counting
Take your BBQ to the next level!
I’m proud to have a collaboration with Spiceology to bring home cooks and professionals alike some delicious grilling-focused rubs.
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Double Smoke
- Garlic Junky
- Order Yours Now!
Our Favorite Recipes
- Slow Smoked Country-Style Pork Ribsin partnership with Safeway Slow-smoked country style pork ribs are an incredibly delicious dinner that can be scaled up to feed a crowd. When they’re cooked low-and-slow on the Traeger Grill for several hours, they will develop a rich, smokyContinue reading “Slow Smoked Country-Style Pork Ribs”
- Steak Tip Shepherd’s Pie with a Cheesy Cabot CrustIn partnership with Cabot Creamery Cooperative While spring is indeed just around the corner, we continue to get cold, blustery weather here in Denver that makes comfort food a must-have. Despite the weather, it’s always grilling season at our house,Continue reading “Steak Tip Shepherd’s Pie with a Cheesy Cabot Crust”
- Two Seafood Tacos: Swordfish and Breaded ShrimpIn partnership with Safeway Sometimes, making a quick, simple and easy dinner is what is called for. It doesn’t always have to be elaborate and over the top- elevated comfort food can certainly hit the spot! We recently stopped byContinue reading “Two Seafood Tacos: Swordfish and Breaded Shrimp”
- Maple-Mustard Chicken ThighsLast week, a quick grilled dinner was in order. After a search through our deep freezer for a cut we wanted to cook, we agreed on some amazing Frenched chicken thighs from our local poultry company, Red Bird Farms. TheseContinue reading “Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs”
- Bison SlidersIn partnership with Safeway. Start the New Year off right with a fun and healthy grilled dinner! These bison sliders are a great alternative to the traditional slider, using ground bison meat that I got at my local Safeway. BisonContinue reading “Bison Sliders”
- Marinated Grilled Salmon BowlDon’t get stuck in a dinner rut and mix up your meals with this easy to make grilled salmon bowl. After seeing several ideas for similar dishes on Pinterest, we decided to give it a go with our own twist.Continue reading “Marinated Grilled Salmon Bowl”
Mile High City- In Crust We Trust
🔭Teacher by day- Backyard chef by night