This Jew Can Que
Seventh-generation Colorado native Adam McKenzie is an elementary school STEM teacher by day. By night, he fires up his grills to create culinary magic.
What We Do
Adam aka ThisJewCanQue
custom rub blends
school STEM teacher
followers and counting
Take your BBQ to the next level!
I’m proud to have a collaboration with Spiceology to bring home cooks and professionals alike some delicious grilling-focused rubs.
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Double Smoke
- Garlic Junky
- Order Yours Now!
Our Favorite Recipes
- Tuna MeltsThis recipe for tuna melts is something my mother-in-law has made throughout my wife’s childhood. There are some fond, funny memories associated with them—especially friends coming over in elementary school for lunch and to hold a lemonade stand on theirContinue reading “Tuna Melts”
- Ultimate BBQ CheeseburgerSometimes, there’s nothing as delicious and indulgent as an amazing cheeseburger. I take my burgers to the next level by making the ultimate BBQ Cheeseburger, topping cheesy patties with candied bacon, homemade onion rings, and griddled pulled pork. Top generouslyContinue reading “Ultimate BBQ Cheeseburger”
- Reverse Seared Steak with ChimichurriCooking a delicious steak at home does not need to be a daunting process. We’ve all been to a fancy (or even not-so-fancy) steakhouse where steaks are served sizzling and (hopefully) delicious. But sometimes they’re not cooked to how you order them. Or simply the sticker shock of the bill leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Did I really just spend that much money on a steak dinner?
- Salmon Tacos with Citrus Slaw and Sriracha CremaAs you’ve probably seen in other posts here on my blog, you’ve noticed that I like tacos. Sometimes, a traditional ground beef taco hits the spot, but in this scenario, we wanted to enjoy some of the deliciously amazing SalmonContinue reading “Salmon Tacos with Citrus Slaw and Sriracha Crema”
- Cajun Seasoned Shrimp with Sheet Pan VeggiesWhenever a simple, light but fresh meal is just what you need, find a boring favorite and cook it outside. I live to cook anything (from bread to dessert to more traditional BBQ) in my Traeger grill. Trying a newContinue reading “Cajun Seasoned Shrimp with Sheet Pan Veggies”
- Buffalo Fried Chicken SandwichesWe love fried chicken sandwiches and what better time than under quarantine, is there to make them at home? This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients you probably already have around the kitchen. For this recipe we begin withContinue reading “Buffalo Fried Chicken Sandwiches”
Mile High City- In Crust We Trust
🔭Teacher by day- Backyard chef by night