This Chimichurri recipe (or a variation of it) is one of our go-to additions to a delicious grilled steak. It can be made in advance, or whipped up in a hurry. Also makes a great spread for steak sandwiches!
- 1 cup Parsley leaves & stems
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves & stems
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice of 2 lemons (cut in half and grill for 10 minutes for extra flavor)
- ½ jalapeno, roughly chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ white onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until mostly smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.