As a great alternative to pork belly burnt ends or bacon, you can cook pork belly low and slow (and long) to get tender, shredded pork. Use it in Asian food, or as fillings for a great fusion taco!
- slab of pork belly, skin removed and your favorite pork rub
Start your grill to 275*
Season liberally with your favorite pork-focused rub, and place in the preheated smoker grill.
Cook, fat side down until the internal temperature reaches 208*. This should take 4-6 hours.
Remove and rest for 10-15 minutes.
Using two forks, shred the meat and serve as a filling for tacos or burritos, or accompanied with rice and Asian veggies.
Shredded Pork Belly
- A smoker grill
- a slab of pork belly, skin removed about 1.5 to 2 pounds
- your preferred pork-focused rub
- Preheat your grill to 275°.
- Season your pork belly liberally with your favorite rub.
- Place meat in the center of smoker and close lid.
- Cook, fat side down, until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 208°. This should take 4-6 hours.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Using two forks, shred the meat and use as a filling for tacos, burritos or part of an Asian veggie bowl.