Tuna Melt Sandwiches
These tuna melts bring back fond childhood memories for my wife. This recipe takes a spin on them, cooking them in my grill!
- 1 can tuna, drained substitute another protein if you want
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or mustard if you prefer
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery and carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 slices bread
- 18 cracker cut squares Cabot cheddar cheese
Preheat grill or oven to 400*.
In a bowl, combine tuna (flaked), mayo, veggiesand onion. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange three slices of bread on a small cookie sheet lined with foil.
Top each bread slice with 1/3 of the tuna salad. Spread evenly.
Top each bread slice with 6 pieces of Cabot cracker-cut cheese.
Place cookie sheet in preheated grill or oven and cook until cheese melts and begins to bubble- about 5 minutes.
Serve while hot!